KAPTEN & ADDICT MOBILE: a successful European expansion!
- + 300 employees;
- 50,000 partner drivers;
- 300K monthly installs in 2019.
CONTEXT & OBJECTIVES
- Start date: December 2018
- Sources: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Google, Apple Search Ads, Ad networks, Pinterest
- OS: iOS + Android
- Support Kapten in the opening of new European markets and in its expansion: United Kingdom (London) & Portugal (Lisbon & Porto).
- Generate new downloads with a “first ride” approach.
ADDICT MOBILE ACTIONAddict Mobile’s mission was to maximize volumes to generate more “first rides”. This approach required several actions.
- + 2,400 campaigns launched: we have chosen to launch as many sources and targeting as possible in order to generate high volumes while identifying the most profitable combinations.
- Testing and iterations on the different types of optimization (installs, registrations, first ride) to allow us to achieve the objectives set.
- + 100 unique targeting tested for each city: similar or demographic audiences, targeting by areas of interest related to Kapten’s activity, behavioural audiences and strategic keywords.
- First of all, associate acquisition with retargeting: we have set up both acquisition campaigns to reach new users and re-engagement campaigns to reactivate non-registered users.
- Launch of a “web to app” strategy thanks to the purchase of keywords on the Web to redirect to the store via a dedicated landing page.
- +700 visuals tested: regular production and refreshments of visuals to meet the specificities of each market: language, routes, promotional codes, messages or even the app competitive advantages which change according to the country (price, quality, ethics).
- Thanks to our in-house studio, Addict Mobile has produced more than 700 visuals (stories, banners, squares, vertical layout, search, videos). The dedicated account manager team was thus able to perform many A/B tests to identify the most efficient visuals. This work allowed Kapten to test new concepts and refine its new graphic identity to adapt to mobile phones.
- Volume of installations × 7
- 6 “first riders” per day
- 22% of total first rides come from Addict Mobile campaigns.
- The “first ride” conversion rates of Addict mobile campaigns are similar to those of organic campaigns.
- 124% more registrations since the start.
- In the app store top 1 (Travel category) for the launch in London!
Article in relation
Dating apps need acquisition to support their growth, revenue, and number of active users. Nevertheless, they are subject to constraints that are specific to this vertical. Choosing a strategy Before launching your campaigns, you need to think about the overall strategy for your app and your objectives: – Gender distribution: Separate by gender and tailored content to make sure you can control the investment and, therefore, the recruitment needs for each gender. – Objectives by gender and, therefore, adapted tracking: Make sure that the tracking on your MMP has been correctly tagged so you can track your performance in the best possible way, even if the events being tracked are different. – Objectives by country: it is also important to analyze app awareness in each country and for each gender as this will particularly affect the types of campaigns launched and the distribution of investments. – Investments according to seasonality: Dating apps are particularly affected by seasonality (vacations, back to school, weekends, Valentine’s Day, etc.). You need to correctly analyze the top recruitment periods for the app to know how to distribute the annual budget and not lose pockets […]Publié le 7 September 2022
A few months ago, we discussed the importance of creative in your mobile acquisition campaigns and how to find creative that works and positively impacts your performance. How do you achieve this goal? Here are our creative best practices: Personalize the message according to the various targets – The creatives must be tailored to each type of target audience. – This is even more important as the arrival of iOS 14 has restricted targeting options. The creative is thus a different way of targeting. – It is therefore crucial to understand your users’ motivations, needs and centers of interest. But also their fears, what stops them, what will make them hesitate to click. – This reflection on users and the levers to make them move on to action must be conducted upstream in order to brief the creative teams in a relevant fashion and produce effective creatives without losing time. – Be open to all types of tests, even the most daring, as no-one knows what may be effective and catchy. For the Cityscoot campaign, personalization of creatives allowed for procuring a CPA => 30% above average. For […]Publié le 13 July 2022