How to adapt your acquisition investments after December 25?
The “sweet spot”
In the last two years, the cost of disseminating mobile advertisements reduced by almost 50% between December 24 and January 1: -49% in 2019 and -48% in 2020. The main reasons for this change?
– The drop in competition linked to the Christmas period;
– Preparation of the 2022 strategy and actions by advertisers.
Why have a presence?
This holiday period marks the arrival of many new devices on the market, all awaiting application downloads.
The time spent by each user across all the networks leads to an increased chance of them being reached by an advert. Coupled with this, the reduction in overall dissemination costs allow for a drop in acquisition costs, not only at installation level, but also at in-app event level.
Consequently, it is thus cheaper for you to reach a qualitative audience that is usually extremely costly, and you will maximize the profitability of your campaigns.
What is the right strategy to adopt?
It is essential to consider a way to invest during this period. To do this, you must:
– Plan a budget upstream, integrated into a media plan and associated with goals;
– Define a strategy in terms of dissemination sources: depending on the nature of your app, the pre-loading sources may be very interested at this time, as the device volume will be very high. The Search sources may also offer solutions tailored to users seeking specific apps to assist them on a daily basis.
The vertical in which your app develops will also be an important factor in the choice you make for this period:
– An m-commerce company will be dependent on its delivery lead times: the increased amount of time spent with our loved ones also allows greater flexibility in delivery lead time requirements (family reunions, Christmas with friends, etc…).
– Sport or Dating orientated companies will see this as an opportunity to recruit a large number of users through a “New Year’s resolution” approach and potentially test their apps being maintained at a lower cost.
– Mobility companies targeting major cities will probably be less relevant, especially due to the weather and the school holidays, which empty the large towns.
Every company needs a strategy tailored to its needs. Don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance over this key period.
Article in relation
Mobility apps, how do you generate that first much sought after purchase?
In recent years, the mobility-as-a-services offering has diversified considerably. In recent years, the mobility-as-a-services offering has diversified considerably. Hybrid bikes, scooter and bike rental, price, journey and transport method comparison sites now sit alongside traditional GPS and car rental apps. Advertisers invest heavily in recruiting new users for their apps and embedding their service in consumer habits. More than in any other industry, recruiting mobile users for mobility apps means you have to adapt in terms of usage and targeting if you want to see your advertising campaigns produce results. The services are, for the most part, geolocated in a few cities making national communication impossible. Which is why it is all the more important to stand out with a tailor-made approach. How do you deal with this geolocation constraint in acquisition campaigns while maximizing campaign performance ? Based on our expertise in applications such as Kapten, Heetch, Cityscoot, Dott, Coyote, Migo and Zity here are some tips for your campaigns. A geolocalized presence in large cities, a challenge for acquisition campaigns. Most new mobility apps offer a service that is only available in cities. This is a major challenge to recruiting new users because […]Publié le 1 March 2022