Snapchat: Our tips for managing your acquisition campaigns
With 306 million active daily users, Snapchat is one of the reference apps for advertisers.
In order to continue to incite user interest, the platform is ceaselessly offering new and constantly changing functions, hence the importance of continually adapting to the different codes. Here are the key elements to take into consideration when managing your acquisition campaigns on Snapchat:
– Adapt the visuals to the platform: give priority to video format and consider adding music.
– Your message must be clear and direct. The aim of User Acquisition is to successfully make the user understand the Key Selling Points of your app in just a few seconds. Avoid inspirational messages and give preference to a clear explanation of your app.
– Consider the first 3 seconds: the first 3 seconds are key in capturing the user’s attention. Your creatives must be dynamic and attractive, both visually and with regard to the audio.
– You’ll never have enough visuals to test on Snapchat: whether for testing and finding your top creatives, for spending more effectively, or for refreshing your existing creatives and thus avoiding Ad Fatigue, we always recommend you produce as many visuals as possible.
The campaign structure
– Where should you disseminate? Depending on your goals, not all countries are relevant on Snapchat. Give priority to the major European countries (France, United Kingdom, Germany, etc.) and the United States on the source. These are the countries with the largest audiences and with which you can generate the most conversions.
– Between Snap Ads (“classic” Story placement) and Story Ads (placement in the form of a tile in the Discover tab and on which the user can click to see your Ad), which placement should you choose? Depending on your app’s typology, the performances may vary markedly from one placement to another. it is essential to correctly test and adapt your strategy in accordance with performance.
– Audiences: Interests, Lookalikes or a wide audience, Snapchat offers several possible audiences to target. It is important to test as many as possible, keeping in mind that the smaller and more precise the audience, the higher the CPM.
– Bidding: it is essential to adapt your bidding strategy to its objectives. For example, in the event you mainly need to generate volume, give priority to a strategy with a high Max Bid. Furthermore, if you generally have high CPIs in your campaigns and you want to push these while maintaining a CPI comparable to what you usually see, consider a Target Cost strategy. Depending on your costs, your conversion rates and your app’s fame, you will always have a strategy to prioritize.
– A good campaign structure is not sufficient, and it is essential to adapt the parameters mentioned below every day, in line with the change in performance. Renew your visuals when they struggle, adapt your bidding strategy and your budgets to the change in your costs, etc.
– Seasonality: Adapting your content to the season or to what’s new allows not only for refreshing your visuals but also for having these become more relevant, which will have a direct effect on your performances.
iOS 14.5 and SKAdNetwork
– For over a year, Snapchat has simplified the transition operated by Apple with iOS 14.5 and the SKAdNetwork as much as possible. Regardless of the Dashboard levels, the data made available (visibility on SKAN performances, access to the post-impression and post-click visibility, visibility on installs not having exceeded the threshold, etc.) But above all, performances: Snapchat is an extremely relevant source for your iOS campaigns.. However, it will be essential to correctly structure your campaigns in order to reduce the impact of the SKAdNetwork limitations (threshold, postback reception periods, limited post-impression, etc.).
Article in relation
Understand the SKAdNetwork data to maintain the performance level of your UA campaigns
Since May 2021 (iOS 14.5), Apple has implemented the ATT, which limits the feedback of data for advertising campaigns. Apple’s aim is to promote the protection of user data. The problem for the mobile industry: acquisition campaign data is no longer fed back as minutely and no longer allows for the reading performances in the same way within tracking tools. As a reminder, if the user opts in on the consent pop-up, then we can recover the IDFA and use deterministic attribution as a basis. The SKAdNetwork is the allocation solution offered by Apple. It serves as a back-up when the data is not received in the event users don’t opt in. Up to 80% less IDFA on IOS According to Appsflyer, 40 to 50% of people give their consent via the pop-up. This does not mean that the IDFA is fed back, because the user must also have agreed on the distribution platforms (such as Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, etc.). In the end, we find ourselves with only 20 to 30% of the IDFA fed back, which is critical for the results to be read correctly. As the iOS paid campaign data is now limited, there is a real challenge, […]Publié le 25 January 2023
- Apple Search Ads
Our tips for reaching engaged users on TikTok
Dating apps: What are the User Acquisition constraints?
Dating apps need acquisition to support their growth, revenue, and number of active users. Nevertheless, they are subject to constraints that are specific to this vertical. Choosing a strategy Before launching your campaigns, you need to think about the overall strategy for your app and your objectives: – Gender distribution: Separate by gender and tailored content to make sure you can control the investment and, therefore, the recruitment needs for each gender. – Objectives by gender and, therefore, adapted tracking: Make sure that the tracking on your MMP has been correctly tagged so you can track your performance in the best possible way, even if the events being tracked are different. – Objectives by country: it is also important to analyze app awareness in each country and for each gender as this will particularly affect the types of campaigns launched and the distribution of investments. – Investments according to seasonality: Dating apps are particularly affected by seasonality (vacations, back to school, weekends, Valentine’s Day, etc.). You need to correctly analyze the top recruitment periods for the app to know how to distribute the annual budget and not lose pockets of profitability. Choosing distribution sources The inventory of acquisition sources […]Publié le 7 September 2022