Snapchat: Our tips for managing your acquisition campaigns
With 306 million active daily users, Snapchat is one of the reference apps for advertisers.
In order to continue to incite user interest, the platform is ceaselessly offering new and constantly changing functions, hence the importance of continually adapting to the different codes. Here are the key elements to take into consideration when managing your acquisition campaigns on Snapchat:
– Adapt the visuals to the platform: give priority to video format and consider adding music
– Your message must be clear and direct. The aim of User Acquisition is to successfully make the user understand the Key Selling Points of your app in just a few seconds. Avoid inspirational messages and give preference to a clear explanation of your app.
– Consider the first 3 seconds: the first 3 seconds are key in capturing the user’s attention. Your creatives must be dynamic and attractive, both visually and with regard to the audio.
– You’ll never have enough visuals to test on Snapchat: whether for testing and finding your top creatives, for spending more effectively, or for refreshing your existing creatives and thus avoiding Ad Fatigue, we always recommend you produce as many visuals as possible.
The campaign structure
– Where should you disseminate? Depending on your goals, not all countries are relevant on Snapchat. Give priority to the major European countries (France, United Kingdom, Germany, etc.) and the United States on the source. These are the countries with the largest audiences and with which you can generate the most conversions.
– Between Snap Ads (“classic” Story placement) and Story Ads (placement in the form of a tile in the Discover tab and on which the user can click to see your Ad), which placement should you choose? Depending on your app’s typology, the performances may vary markedly from one placement to another. it is essential to correctly test and adapt your strategy in accordance with performance.
– Audiences: Interests, Lookalikes or a wide audience, Snapchat offers several possible audiences to target. It is important to test as many as possible, keeping in mind that the smaller and more precise the audience, the higher the CPM.
– Bidding: it is essential to adapt your bidding strategy to its objectives. For example, in the event you mainly need to generate volume, give priority to a strategy with a high Max Bid. Furthermore, if you generally have high CPIs in your campaigns and you want to push these while maintaining a CPI comparable to what you usually see, consider a Target Cost strategy. Depending on your costs, your conversion rates and your app’s fame, you will always have a strategy to prioritize.
– A good campaign structure is not sufficient, and it is essential to adapt the parameters mentioned below every day, in line with the change in performance. Renew your visuals when they struggle, adapt your bidding strategy and your budgets to the change in your costs, etc.
– Seasonality: Adapting your content to the season or to what’s new allows not only for refreshing your visuals but also for having these become more relevant, which will have a direct effect on your performances.
iOS 14.5 and SKAdNetwork
– For over a year, Snapchat has simplified the transition operated by Apple with iOS 14.5 and the SKAdNetwork as much as possible. Regardless of the Dashboard levels, the data made available (visibility on SKAN performances, access to the post-impression and post-click visibility, visibility on installs not having exceeded the threshold, etc.) But above all, performances: Snapchat is an extremely relevant source for your iOS campaigns.. However, it will be essential to correctly structure your campaigns in order to reduce the impact of the SKAdNetwork limitations (threshold, postback reception periods, limited post-impression, etc.).
Article in relation
Dating apps need acquisition to support their growth, revenue, and number of active users. Nevertheless, they are subject to constraints that are specific to this vertical. Choosing a strategy Before launching your campaigns, you need to think about the overall strategy for your app and your objectives: – Gender distribution: Separate by gender and tailored content to make sure you can control the investment and, therefore, the recruitment needs for each gender. – Objectives by gender and, therefore, adapted tracking: Make sure that the tracking on your MMP has been correctly tagged so you can track your performance in the best possible way, even if the events being tracked are different. – Objectives by country: it is also important to analyze app awareness in each country and for each gender as this will particularly affect the types of campaigns launched and the distribution of investments. – Investments according to seasonality: Dating apps are particularly affected by seasonality (vacations, back to school, weekends, Valentine’s Day, etc.). You need to correctly analyze the top recruitment periods for the app to know how to distribute the annual budget and not lose pockets […]Publié le 7 September 2022
A few months ago, we discussed the importance of creative in your mobile acquisition campaigns and how to find creative that works and positively impacts your performance. How do you achieve this goal? Here are our creative best practices: Personalize the message according to the various targets – The creatives must be tailored to each type of target audience. – This is even more important as the arrival of iOS 14 has restricted targeting options. The creative is thus a different way of targeting. – It is therefore crucial to understand your users’ motivations, needs and centers of interest. But also their fears, what stops them, what will make them hesitate to click. – This reflection on users and the levers to make them move on to action must be conducted upstream in order to brief the creative teams in a relevant fashion and produce effective creatives without losing time. – Be open to all types of tests, even the most daring, as no-one knows what may be effective and catchy. For the Cityscoot campaign, personalization of creatives allowed for procuring a CPA => 30% above average. For […]Publié le 13 July 2022