Quo Vadis’ User Acquisition: +20% organic additional user
Objectives & ChallengesOS: iOS only Location: Five French-speaking countries (France, Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Luxembourg). Objectives :
To better position the app in a highly competitive market.
To compete directly with native phone apps.Sources : 3 active sources: Facebook, Apple Search Ads and Twitter Period of Time: Campaign launch at the time of the brand’s high selling points: the start of the new school year and the end of the year.
- Set up Search campaigns on Apple Search Ads to capitalize on the keywords searched by users on this type of products.
- Launch Facebook/Instagram campaigns to acquire new users.
- Optimize campaigns according to events within the app: creation of a task or an event.
- Analyze the subscription rate on our campaigns.
TargetsSince the app could be used by the greatest number of people, we tested different targets in order to identify those who performed best.
- « Look a like » approach on people who have already completed a task within the app.
- Demographic target: conducting gender-specific campaigns to achieve the lowest costs.
- Target people by interest.
Where to?Within these three different activate sources, we fine-tuned the locations based on performance at the time of campaigns: Newsfeed Facebook and Instagram & Audience Network.
DesignsAs Addict Mobile manages the creation and adaptation of all the visuals, we were able to A/B test different color combinations and formats in order to identify the most effective ones.
- Static Visuals (banner + square)
Additional Organic DownloadsBy increasing expenditures to generate more volume during campaigns, the app has climbed up in the stores’ rankings. As a result, it gained visibility and had a direct impact on the number of additional organic downloads: between 10 and 30% depending on the month. App Store Optimization The ASO is important in acquisition campaign. It ensures that users recruited during acquisition campaigns will land on a page that is optimized to maximize conversions. Addict Mobile has supported Quo Vadis on that matter.
- Competitors’ analysis and positioning
- Keyword recommendations based on relevance, level of difficulty and competition
- Production of descriptions according to the identified keywords
- Screenshots and presentation videos about the stores
- Recommendations on the elements that make up the page: titles, icons, etc.
- CPI inferior to €1, 50% decrease vs. targets
- Conversion rates equal to organic ones
- More than 50 different campaigns tested in 2.5 months
- 20% additional organic users during the campaign period
- Ranking top 30 in the “productivity” category!
Addict Mobile teams are attentive and reactive. The acquisition campaigns set up have generated high volumes of downloads.Flore Thellier, Communication Manager
Article in relation
Dating apps need acquisition to support their growth, revenue, and number of active users. Nevertheless, they are subject to constraints that are specific to this vertical. Choosing a strategy Before launching your campaigns, you need to think about the overall strategy for your app and your objectives: – Gender distribution: Separate by gender and tailored content to make sure you can control the investment and, therefore, the recruitment needs for each gender. – Objectives by gender and, therefore, adapted tracking: Make sure that the tracking on your MMP has been correctly tagged so you can track your performance in the best possible way, even if the events being tracked are different. – Objectives by country: it is also important to analyze app awareness in each country and for each gender as this will particularly affect the types of campaigns launched and the distribution of investments. – Investments according to seasonality: Dating apps are particularly affected by seasonality (vacations, back to school, weekends, Valentine’s Day, etc.). You need to correctly analyze the top recruitment periods for the app to know how to distribute the annual budget and not lose pockets […]Publié le 7 September 2022
A few months ago, we discussed the importance of creative in your mobile acquisition campaigns and how to find creative that works and positively impacts your performance. How do you achieve this goal? Here are our creative best practices: Personalize the message according to the various targets – The creatives must be tailored to each type of target audience. – This is even more important as the arrival of iOS 14 has restricted targeting options. The creative is thus a different way of targeting. – It is therefore crucial to understand your users’ motivations, needs and centers of interest. But also their fears, what stops them, what will make them hesitate to click. – This reflection on users and the levers to make them move on to action must be conducted upstream in order to brief the creative teams in a relevant fashion and produce effective creatives without losing time. – Be open to all types of tests, even the most daring, as no-one knows what may be effective and catchy. For the Cityscoot campaign, personalization of creatives allowed for procuring a CPA => 30% above average. For […]Publié le 13 July 2022