Our tips for reaching engaged users on TikTok
Here are our best practices for managing your campaigns on TikTok.
– Always give preference to content with an organic approach, in order to adapt to the young and engaged audience
– Ad content is less polished than on other platforms > it is recommended that quotes from real people are highlighted, by picking up the platform’s codes, such as: filters, challenges, use of text, etc.
– Renew your creatives on average every 7 days (depending on volume and allocated budget) in order to avoid these struggling and never relaunch an old creative in a group ad
– Always add music suited to the ad and opt for short creatives (13-16 seconds)
– Need inspiration for new creatives? Consult the TikTok Top ads section! This is a library referencing all the current top creatives on the platform, by country, by campaign objective and by vertical
– Manage features offered by the platform, such as the Automated Creative Optimization tool (which allows for automating ad optimization on the platform), city targeting or Spark Ads (native ad format that allows for amplifying posts by offering a format similar to the organic)
– TikTok will become a “self-attribution” platform. This means that TikTok will directly manage the attribution of campaigns and display its own data in TikTok Ads Manager, rather than displaying data from a third party (MMP). With this change, TikTok Ads Manager will accurately report all conversions that occurred during the attribution window of a given campaign. This change will more accurately reflect TikTok’s influence on conversion campaigns, and should result in increased conversions.
– Start by targeting the widest possible audience then refine this, whether through demographic criteria, interests or personalized audiences
– Define a campaign objective > Install, in-app event. Adjust the daily budget to at least 50*CPA.
– It is recommended campaigns be launched with a bid approximately 3x larger that your objective, in order to give the opportunity for the algorithm to be enhanced.
– Do not change the bid too suddenly > You must lower your bid progressively until you reach your objective.
– For apps that lend themselves to it, it is also recommended you support your acquisition strategy with brand awareness campaigns, especially through partnerships with TikTok creators.
– The regulation policies change depending on country > for example, to disseminate ads in some countries, the ad must be translated into that country’s language(s).
– Some turns of phrase or expressions are also to be excluded. You therefore need to remember to thoroughly research the prerequisites for creating advertising on the desired market in advance, otherwise your ads risk being rejected.
– Some verticals, such as dating, must pay attention to content that is too suggestive, as this will be refused.
– Currently, for fintech, crypto, nft apps, etc., you must also do your homework and show your credentials in order to be able to disseminate on the platform, even if the rules are relaxing.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like personalized assistance.
Article in relation
Dating apps need acquisition to support their growth, revenue, and number of active users. Nevertheless, they are subject to constraints that are specific to this vertical. Choosing a strategy Before launching your campaigns, you need to think about the overall strategy for your app and your objectives: – Gender distribution: Separate by gender and tailored content to make sure you can control the investment and, therefore, the recruitment needs for each gender. – Objectives by gender and, therefore, adapted tracking: Make sure that the tracking on your MMP has been correctly tagged so you can track your performance in the best possible way, even if the events being tracked are different. – Objectives by country: it is also important to analyze app awareness in each country and for each gender as this will particularly affect the types of campaigns launched and the distribution of investments. – Investments according to seasonality: Dating apps are particularly affected by seasonality (vacations, back to school, weekends, Valentine’s Day, etc.). You need to correctly analyze the top recruitment periods for the app to know how to distribute the annual budget and not lose pockets […]Publié le 7 September 2022
A few months ago, we discussed the importance of creative in your mobile acquisition campaigns and how to find creative that works and positively impacts your performance. How do you achieve this goal? Here are our creative best practices: Personalize the message according to the various targets – The creatives must be tailored to each type of target audience. – This is even more important as the arrival of iOS 14 has restricted targeting options. The creative is thus a different way of targeting. – It is therefore crucial to understand your users’ motivations, needs and centers of interest. But also their fears, what stops them, what will make them hesitate to click. – This reflection on users and the levers to make them move on to action must be conducted upstream in order to brief the creative teams in a relevant fashion and produce effective creatives without losing time. – Be open to all types of tests, even the most daring, as no-one knows what may be effective and catchy. For the Cityscoot campaign, personalization of creatives allowed for procuring a CPA => 30% above average. For […]Publié le 13 July 2022
Context A new Le Parisien app was launched in the summer of 2020 based on the observations that 80% of Le Parisien are on their mobile but only 11% use the app. The aim is to make the experience more intuitive, more personal and more adapted to current habits! In the wake of this new campaign, Le Parisien has reached out to Addict Mobile and has since seen a significant increase in its audience. Addict Mobile has enabled us to grow our audience significantly. By working together in close cooperation, we have been able to set priorities to fulfil our objectives. The challenge The audience growth objective was based on objectives in terms of CPI, retention rates and sessions. The challenge was therefore to combine low CPI with volume and quality. The strategy The strategy adopted in response to this challenge was based on advanced artwork incorporating our technologies as well as diversification and the marketing mix. In terms of artwork, we ran hundreds of tests to find out what type of content would work best. We defined initial assumptions that we adapted as the tests […]Publié le 29 June 2022