Addict Mobile & Coyote: Let’s Conquer the roads of Europe!
A pioneer in driving aid systems, Coyote has been accompanying its users on the French and European roads for over 13 years. It offers a complete range of driving assistance wizards using its connected boxes and its mobile app. The coyote community now has more than five million members in Europe.
Thanks to its strong reputation in the field of integrated driving aid systems, Coyote wishes now to attract new users. How? Through its application that allows real-time “alerting” and thus ensures better driving conditions. Addict Mobile is proud to run Coyote’s app install campaigns.
CONTEXT & OBJECTIVES
- Start date: November 2018
- Scope of the offer: all mobile acquisition sources
- iOS & Android
– Make the application known to as many people as possible (Coyote is best known for its boxes). – Spread out campaigns across four countries in Europe: France, Spain, Italy, Belgium. – Switch from a download logic to a more Retrun On Investment logic (opening new accounts).
OUR ACTIONCoyote’s app install campaigns In order to implement a new strategy to generate new registrations, several campaigns have been deployed in the four countries mentioned above.
1. “Conquest campaigns” to generate new subscribers directly within the application.
2. “Re-engagement campaigns” for users who have installed the application but have not subscribed to the trial offer.Sources Identify the best potentials in line with Coyote’s target and strengthen investments for the sources that perform best.
- Facebook Campaigns (News feed, audience network, messenger, story) & Instagram (story and news feed).
- Google UAC Campaign (search and display).
- Apple Search Ads Campaign (search).
- Same audience as the best users who are already using the app.
- Demographic audience (age and gender) to target men, the coyote’s core target.
- Interest driven: related to the road and driving or travel.
- Behavioral audience.
- Targeting relevant keywords for Coyote.
Addict Mobile has also supported Coyote in the implementation of its tagging plan with the Appsflyers SDK tracking. This approach has allowed Coyote to better measure campaign performance. These third-party tools are essential to measure and approve the quality of the installs generated through our advertising.Optimization
The campaigns have been optimized to meet the client’s main objective: to encourage subscription during the trial period (CPR). Several solutions have been chosen to maximize campaign performance.
- Audience optimization for each campaign in order to allocate the maximum amount to the best targets.
- Regular design updates according to languages, regulations, performances, but also seasonality.
- Automatic Facebook sites management in order to maximize overall campaign performance (=optimized placement).
- We have also extended spendings during key holiday periods (long weekends, summer holidays, Christmas, etc.).
Addict Mobile manages and realizes all designs, based on the assets provided by the customer. For instance, we have translated and adapted each path to each country. Managing internally the designs allows us to be more responsive. Indeed, we are able to regularly update/refresh visuals (seasonality, new regulations, hot spots) to improve their efficiency, their impact and their performance.Four types of visuals were tested:
- product-oriented videos;
- square layouts;
- We also had to adapt the content to each local road features: speed limits are different in each country, as are the communication channels. For example, in France, we never talk about radars, unlike in other countries where their geographical localization is legal.
To be able to achieve this, we have used DLO (Dynamic Language Optimization) and DCO (Dynamic Creative Optimization) tools on Facebook as they allow us to plan different visuals and texts (in different languages). It is also possible to generate several combinations depending on the target audience. These tools have been very relevant and efficient in countries such as Belgium, where two different languages are used. We A/B tested a large number of combinations to identify the most efficient ones.
To do this, our graphic studio has produced more than 409 different visuals.
- the decrease in CPIs and CPRs in the first half of 2019 made it possible to increase conversions without increasing budgets (particularly in Spain: CPI -13% and CPR -15%)
- The acquisition represents 40% of new accounts and 70% in other countries
We wanted to move from a download logic to a more Return On Investement logic. Thanks to Addict Mobile’s tools, we can now track the performance at each stage of the funnel, optimize expenses in real time and manage campaigns according to our acquisition cost objectives. S.Cavaillé – Coyote
Article en relation
Cityscoot is the number one service for self service electric scooters. Launched in 2016 in Paris, the brand has rapidly expanded to Nice, Milan, and Barcelona, offering more than 7000 scooters to all those who wish for an effective urban transport, face in the wind. Addict Mobile supports Cityscoot in its European growth by managing user acquisition campaigns for its application with a cost per first ride objective. Activated sources: Facebook, Google and Snapchat. City Targeting, a challenge for mobile app acquisition Broadcasting acquisition campaigns on a city scale implies several constraints: – The more restricted the targeting, the higher the acquisition costs. – The visuals must be adapted to the usage and routes of each city in order to maintain good transformation rates and thus reach performance objectives. How to keep acquisition costs low with specific targeting? By adapting the OS and sources to each city: depending on the results of the campaigns, Addict Mobile’s teams increase investments in the sources or OS that deliver the best performance. By varying the optimizations according to the sources: on Facebook and Google, campaigns that are optimized […]Publié le 7 April 2021
The latest major changes in the mobile app ecosystem (privacy, Apple’s ATT Framework, maturity of advertisers.) are forcing players in the mobile ecosystem to offer the most complete service possible to cover the entire mobile marketing chain. Owning your first party data and therefore having your own data to monetize your audience and offer effective advertising campaigns is one of the major challenges of 2021’s ecosystem. Everyone wants to put their SDK in the apps to know their users and maximize the revenues of their campaigns. Lately, there have been a lot of acquisitions of AdNetworks, tracking tools, analytics tools and monetization structures. The ecosystem is consolidating, the companies are getting stronger. Brief overview Vungle mobile app install company acquires GameRefinery, a leading cloud-based mobile game analytics platform with deep contextual data sets and image-recognition technology that helps developers market, design, and monetize their mobile games. “GameRefinery’s deep contextual data will offer new ways for advertisers to find relevant audiences, using non-personal data such as player motivations, moods and styles and audience personas, for campaign targeting with no device level ID required.” “With upcoming changes on iOS 14 and the removal of the IDFA, advertisers are looking […]Publié le 1 April 2021
In our first article we explained the importance of the soft launch for launching mobile games: identifying objectives and KPIs to track, determining a budget and time-line and, finally, developing ASO strategies to maximize conversion rates for your game. This second article focuses on which countries to choose for your soft launch, depending on your objectives and the insight you want to obtain. Avoid audience burnout The choice of country for soft launching your app is crucial. In fact, we recommend that you avoid testing in the country in which you intend to officially market your game. This would be far from ideal. So you want to avoid launching the game in countries with the most qualified audiences. If you attract a large number of qualified users to a game that they don’t like, which doesn’t motivate them or generate enough revenue, these players will be “unprofitable.” They simply won’t come back. Therefore, it’s best to delay releasing the game to this kind of audience until you have an advanced version. This means avoiding the best geographical locations (= those generating the most revenue) which are best left untapped for the hard launch. Furthermore, these locations, featuring […]Publié le 29 März 2021