Google Search, a new opportunity for mobile advertisers
- Control your ranking: you can boost your position by bidding on keywords, instead of being dependent on Google Play ranking, which is based on the number of downloads, users’ retention and users’ ratings.
- Acquire high-quality users: users typing a specific search term are likely to be interested in a relevant mobile app search result. That is why download rates and in-app retention for Google Search campaigns are generally good.
- Strong visibility: advertising on the Google Play Store enables to reach a potential audience of one billion people across more than 190 countries.
- Lower CPI: search advertisements are targeted to match keywords entered on the Google Play Store. If your application is relevant for the keyword, the user will probably be satisfied with the first result and download the application immediately. In the current competitive context, for many applications and if choosing the right keywords, the cost per install is lower than display advertising.
- Overtake your competitors: thanks to bids on keywords, you can overtake your competitors on the Google Play Store ranking. As shown in the example below, Uber is ahead of Chauffeur Privé (which means private driver) in the Top App ranking. However, Chauffeur Privé appears ahead of Uber on the “uber” keyword search.
- Define a list of relevant keywords based on your data from the tracking tool. Addict Mobile can assist you in developing your list of keywords if needed.
- Launch campaigns on Google Play Search with a small budget ($ 100 per day, for example) and measure performance after a few days.
- Optimize campaigns progressively, depending on the top-performing keywords in terms of CTR, download rate, CPI and CPL.
Article en relation
Cityscoot is the number one service for self service electric scooters. Launched in 2016 in Paris, the brand has rapidly expanded to...Publié le 7 April 2021
The latest major changes in the mobile app ecosystem (privacy, Apple’s ATT Framework, maturity of advertisers.) are forcing players in the mobile ecosystem...Publié le 1 April 2021
In our first article we explained the importance of the soft launch for launching mobile games: identifying objectives and KPIs to track, determining...Publié le 29 März 2021