ASO: Do’s and Don’ts for your marketing contents
- What should I present?
- What mistakes should I avoid?
- It must not exceed 30 seconds in length, or even better 20 seconds.
- If your app is a game, emphasize the game assets : characters, bonuses… and put the focus on what we call the “core fun”, which is what will enhance the user pleasure
- For a utility, service or e-commerce app, don’t hesitate to put your final user on stage, to show him the real benefit of using your app.
- Don’t content yourselves with a simple video which presents features… Don’t hesitate to add a legible and brief text summing up your features.
- You should also brighten up your production : you only have a one chance to give a good first impression
- On Android, using a video is relevant because it appears directly at the top of the page, it doesn’t take the space of a screenshot or a picture: it is an additional marketing space. This free space is a real asset for the user to feel immersed, the goal is to immediately propel him into your app’s world.
- On iOS, video is taking the first visual content space. It means that it is a strategical space for you to manage. If your video is in horizontal format, the display will be less enjoyable. You must take this into account before putting a video in this graphic content space, especially because there is a risk that the user has a connection problem and leaves the appstore page.
Article en relation
Cityscoot is the number one service for self service electric scooters. Launched in 2016 in Paris, the brand has rapidly expanded to Nice, Milan, and Barcelona, offering more than 7000 scooters to all those who wish for an effective urban transport, face in the wind. Addict Mobile supports Cityscoot in its European growth by managing user acquisition campaigns for its application with a cost per first ride objective. Activated sources: Facebook, Google and Snapchat. City Targeting, a challenge for mobile app acquisition Broadcasting acquisition campaigns on a city scale implies several constraints: – The more restricted the targeting, the higher the acquisition costs. – The visuals must be adapted to the usage and routes of each city in order to maintain good transformation rates and thus reach performance objectives. How to keep acquisition costs low with specific targeting? By adapting the OS and sources to each city: depending on the results of the campaigns, Addict Mobile’s teams increase investments in the sources or OS that deliver the best performance. By varying the optimizations according to the sources: on Facebook and Google, campaigns that are optimized […]Publié le 7 April 2021
The latest major changes in the mobile app ecosystem (privacy, Apple’s ATT Framework, maturity of advertisers.) are forcing players in the mobile ecosystem to offer the most complete service possible to cover the entire mobile marketing chain. Owning your first party data and therefore having your own data to monetize your audience and offer effective advertising campaigns is one of the major challenges of 2021’s ecosystem. Everyone wants to put their SDK in the apps to know their users and maximize the revenues of their campaigns. Lately, there have been a lot of acquisitions of AdNetworks, tracking tools, analytics tools and monetization structures. The ecosystem is consolidating, the companies are getting stronger. Brief overview Vungle mobile app install company acquires GameRefinery, a leading cloud-based mobile game analytics platform with deep contextual data sets and image-recognition technology that helps developers market, design, and monetize their mobile games. “GameRefinery’s deep contextual data will offer new ways for advertisers to find relevant audiences, using non-personal data such as player motivations, moods and styles and audience personas, for campaign targeting with no device level ID required.” “With upcoming changes on iOS 14 and the removal of the IDFA, advertisers are looking […]Publié le 1 April 2021
In our first article we explained the importance of the soft launch for launching mobile games: identifying objectives and KPIs to track, determining a budget and time-line and, finally, developing ASO strategies to maximize conversion rates for your game. This second article focuses on which countries to choose for your soft launch, depending on your objectives and the insight you want to obtain. Avoid audience burnout The choice of country for soft launching your app is crucial. In fact, we recommend that you avoid testing in the country in which you intend to officially market your game. This would be far from ideal. So you want to avoid launching the game in countries with the most qualified audiences. If you attract a large number of qualified users to a game that they don’t like, which doesn’t motivate them or generate enough revenue, these players will be “unprofitable.” They simply won’t come back. Therefore, it’s best to delay releasing the game to this kind of audience until you have an advanced version. This means avoiding the best geographical locations (= those generating the most revenue) which are best left untapped for the hard launch. Furthermore, these locations, featuring […]Publié le 29 März 2021